Polish Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1-1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage or kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the sausage, soup, sauerkraut, 2 cups cheese, milk, onions, mustard and garlic.
- Spoon into two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Polish Casserole(5)
Sort By :
I made this recipe because my husband likes sauerkraut and sausage. I did not care for it because I don't like sauerkraut. My husband liked it ok, it wasn't a hit but it wasn't bad either. He said it didn't have a strong enough sauerkraut flavor. I don't know if I'll make it again, but if I do, I won't rinse the sauerkraut.
Absolutely loved this recipe. I added an additional cup of cheese to it because we love cheese. I'll definately make this often.
I made this for our family dinner. Everyone loved it. The flavor is delicious. The adult guys had at least three helpings each and my 6 year old grand daughter had at least two helpings. The only things I changed was I used farfalle (bow tie pasta) and cheddar cheese rather than Swiss.
We did not care for the flavor. Don't know why because we like all the ingredients individually.
I made this recipe for my family and we all loved it. My 7 year old gobbled it up. I love one dish dinners and this was great. My husband said I could make it again! I think it would be good with corned beef too instead of the Kielbasa.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >