Polish Apple Pancakes Recipe
"MY MOM used to make these wonderful pancakes for me as an after-school snack. She'd simply put a sprinkle of confectioners' sugar on top. What a delicious treat!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar if desired and salt. In another bowl, lightly beat egg; add milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Fold in apples.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle and spread to form a 5-in. circle. Turn when bubbles form. Cook the second side until golden brown and apples are tender. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 5 servings (16 pancakes).
One serving (3 pancakes prepared with fat-free milk) equals 209 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC