Polish Apple Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar if desired and salt. In another bowl, lightly beat egg; add milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Fold in apples.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle and spread to form a 5-in. circle. Turn when bubbles form. Cook the second side until golden brown and apples are tender. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 5 servings (16 pancakes).
3 each: 209 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Polish Apple Pancakes
"Good recipe. Make sure the apples are evenly sliced and thin. I used about 4 cups."
"I make ones similiar to these, just like mom had, usually without an egg. The other ingredients were eyeballed and mixed with a whisk to the right consistency... a little more flour if too thin, a little more milk (2%) if too thick. Also, we added some melted butter to the mix and sliced a peeled apple very, very thin. They turn out thin and crispy, nothing like the typical restaurant fluffy pancake but oh so good with syrup! Just saw a recipe online for Cider Syrup that I can't wait to try with the apple pancakes when the weather gets cool!"
"Delicious and moist. It's been added to our recipe book."