- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and pepper. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in basil.
- In another skillet, cook polenta slices in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Polenta Rounds with Sausage Ragout
"I used mild Italian turkey sausage and added zuchini for some extra vegetables. I have also served it over couscous instead of polenta. Delicious either way!"
"Served the easy/yummy sauce over creamy polenta instead since I couldn't find a tube of it... Basically the same taste, just in a different presentation... I loved this meal!"
"This was delicious! Used sundried tomato & garlic polenta and added a can of basil tomato sauce to the sauce."
"had a hard time finding polenta, found it in the produce section in 3 flavors-garlic/basil, original, and sundried tomato- went for the garlic basil, so simple!"
"very flavorful! this came together very quickly. I added a can of tomato sauce and it was delicious!! very good over pasta also!!"