“This warm, Italian-flavored appetizer also makes a quick, filling lunch. I prefer this veggie version, but my kids like to add pepperoni or sausage to create mini pizzas.” —Carolyn Kumpe, El Dorado, California
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 16 slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce, warmed
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place polenta in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; brush with olive oil. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Spoon pasta sauce over polenta slices. Top each with a mozzarella cheese slice; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Polenta Parmigiana in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Polenta Parmigiana
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2011
"We really liked these and they were easy to make."