“This warm, Italian-flavored appetizer also makes a quick, filling lunch. I prefer this veggie version, but my kids like to add pepperoni or sausage to create mini pizzas.” —Carolyn Kumpe, El Dorado, California
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 16 slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce, warmed
- 1/2 pound Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place polenta in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; brush with olive oil. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Spoon pasta sauce over polenta slices. Top each with a mozzarella cheese slice; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Polenta Parmigiana in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Polenta Parmigiana
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2011
"We really liked these and they were easy to make."