- temperature, about 30 minutes. Cut polenta into 16 pieces, then cut
- each diagonally in half to make 32 triangles; place on a greased
- baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until light
- golden brown.
- For mushrooms, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Add
- the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine
- and lemon juice; cook and stir until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Top each triangle with 1-1/2 teaspoons mushrooms; sprinkle appetizers
- with cheese. Serve warm.
- Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 47 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.