- 7 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a Dutch oven, bring the milk, water, butter, salt and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil; slowly whisk in cornmeal. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon for 15-20 minutes or until polenta is thickened and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the pan.
- Stir in the Gouda cheese, basil and thyme. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, blue cheese and cream cheese; chill until serving.
- Cut polenta into 3-1/4-in. x 1/2-in. strips. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip polenta in flour; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, cook polenta in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with dip. Yield: 15 servings (1-3/4 cups dip).
Originally published as Polenta Fries with Blue Cheese Dip in Country Woman August/September 2011, p33
Reviews for Polenta Fries with Blue Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- French Fries >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >