- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) vegetarian chili with beans
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and well drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine cornmeal and salt. Gradually whisk in boiling water. Cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup cheddar cheese until melted.
- Spread into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat chili according to package directions.
- Spread vegetables over polenta; top with chili. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Polenta Chili Casserole
Sort By :
"Add a dollop of sour cream on top to make it extra yummy!!! A WONDERFUL meal!!!"
"This was a SUCCESS for dinner with EVERYONE, kids and hubby! My hubby even went for seconds (doesn't happen too much since he can be pickier than the kids at times)! I used turkey chili w/ no beans and added about 1/2 cup of milk to the cornmeal mixture. Turned out great! :)"
"Very tasty meatless meal. Its important to bake the polenta until its light brown on top, or else it really is too soggy."