- On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining dough to a 1/4-in.
- thickness. Cut out one 2-in. x 1-1/4-in. rectangle. Using a 4-in.
- bear cookie cutter, cut out three bears.
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Save dough scraps for another use. Spread the ice cream
- over the cooled crust; cover and freeze until set.
- Meanwhile for icing, in a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar,
- water and meringue powder; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Beat on high for 4-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Frost bears
- and rectangle; set aside to dry.
- Using a new, unused fine paintbrush or a toothpick, paint eyes, nose
- and scarf on each bear with food coloring. Paint "North Pole" on
- rectangle; attach to peppermint stick with icing. Let dry.
- Remove pie from freezer 15 minutes before serving. For icebergs,
- place one small and three large dollops of whipped topping on pie.
- Just before serving, insert bears into topping. Insert sign into ice
- cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 537 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.