Poinsettia Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 6 pieces (10 to 12 inches each) red fruit snack rolls
- 45 small yellow candies (Tart 'n' Tinys)
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add buttermilk and sour cream. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes.
- 3. Trace petal pattern at right onto waxed paper; cut out. Cut petal from cardboard. Use cardboard petal from sharp knife to cut 15 petals from each fruit roll. Arrange six petals on each cupcake. Use frosting to attach three candies to each poinsettia. Yield: 15 cupcakes.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Betty Crocker strawberry fruit rolls.
1 each: 346 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Poinsettia Cupcakes
"I am not the most experienced of bakers. There was no page 2 pattern for the flowers. I just did what I could. I would also like to see how to store the baked item especially those with cream cheese"
"poinsettia cupcakes I would like to know where the pattern is also,and another thing the directions mentions baking soda it is not in the list of ingredients."
"how do i find the petal pattern?"
"Where is the petal pattern? I sure could use it."