- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into eight
- equal pieces. Shape one piece into eight smaller balls; mound in the
- center of a large greased baking sheet. Form remaining pieces into
- tear drop shapes by tapering one side of each ball. Place around
- smaller balls with wide end of petals touching the flower center.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool
- slightly. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the butter,
- confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired
- frosting consistency. Spread over warm coffee cake. Sprinkle center
- with yellow sugar and petals with red sugar. Yield: 16-18
Editor's Note: This coffee cake dough contains no butter, shortening or oil.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.