Whenever we grill burgers, these vegetable packets are our usual accompaniment. Everyone likes them! —Judi Garst, Springfield, Illinois
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup fresh whole green beans
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the peppers, carrots and beans; place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 12 in.). Top with tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, oregano and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pocket Veggies in Country Woman July/August 1997, p36
Reviews for Pocket Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review