"You can omit the jalapeno for an additional poblano to bring the heat level down a bit." Pair this spicy pesto with cream and tomatoes and pour over pasta for an out-of-this-world entree.
Susie Fisher, Watertown, MA
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Cut peppers in half; remove stems, seeds and membranes. In a large
- skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add poblanos and jalapeno;
- cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly
- and pat dry.
- Place peppers in food processor; cover and pulse until blended. Add
- the almonds, cheese, salt and pepper; cover and process until
- blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 125 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.