Poached Teriyaki Salmon
This easy, elegant entree comes from my mother-in-law, who's an excellent and innovative cook. The salmon doesn't take a lot of time to prepare, which I appreciate as a busy mom.
Michelle Krzmarzick, Torrance, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 6 thin orange slices
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- In a large nonstick skillet or electric skillet, bring orange juice
- and teriyaki sauce to a boil. Place salmon fillets in skillet; top
- each with an orange slice. Return to a boil. reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove fillets and keep warm.
- Strain cooking liquid; return 3/4 cup to the skillet. Combine
- cornstarch and water until smooth; add to cooking liquid. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over
- salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.