Poached Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
This easy, elegant entree comes from my mother-in-law, who's an excellent and innovative cook. The salmon doesn't take a lot of time to prepare, which I appreciate as a busy mom. Michelle Krzmarzick, Torrance, California
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 6 thin orange slices
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- In a large nonstick skillet or electric skillet, bring orange juice and teriyaki sauce to a boil. Place salmon fillets in skillet; top each with an orange slice. Return to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets and keep warm.
- Strain cooking liquid; return 3/4 cup to the skillet. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Poached Teriyaki Salmon in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p67
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Poached Teriyaki Salmon(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >