Poached Salmon with Tarragon Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper,divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 salmon steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, tarragon, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, combine the broth, water, lemon juice, bay leaf and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the salmon.
- 3. Cover and poach for 8-10 minutes or until fish is firm and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from poaching liquid. Serve with tarragon sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 salmon steak with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 261 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.