“Family and friends often request this recipe ahead of time when they know they’ll be dining with me. I gladly fill their requests because this is so easy, the dish is delicious—and it especially pleases those who are counting calories.” —Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
- 5 cups strong brewed green tea
- 4 fresh basil sprigs
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 large pink grapefruit, sectioned and chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon and poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Remove salmon with a slotted spoon. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Poached Salmon with Grapefruit Salsa in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p58
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Poached Salmon with Grapefruit Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review