- 5 cups strong brewed green tea
- 4 fresh basil sprigs
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 large pink grapefruit, sectioned and chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon and poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Remove salmon with a slotted spoon. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Poached Salmon with Grapefruit Salsa
"My husband and I really enjoy this recipe. The flavor combinations are fantastic. If you like salmon, you must try this!"
"I really enjoyed this recipe as a quick weeknight dinner. The grapefruit with the salmon was a surprisingly good combination. I will definitely make again."