Poached Salmon with Dill Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, combine the water, wine, onion and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon and poach, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until fish is firm and flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 239 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.