- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine the water, wine, onion and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon and poach, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until fish is firm and flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Poached Salmon with Dill Sauce(1)
Sort By :
I had never poached fish before, but this was very easy and tasty. Found it a little strange that the sauce was cold--more like a tartar sauce maybe? But it was very tasty and I will make it again.