Poached Salmon with Chimichurri Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery rib with leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large Dutch oven, bring the first nine ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Strain, reserving liquid (discard vegetables and spices).
- 2. Return liquid to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon. Poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar and oil. Stir in the onion, parsley, garlic, pepper and cayenne. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 246 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Poached Salmon with Chimichurri
"Wow! I think I found a new favorite salmon recipe! Seems more complicated than it really is, easy and delicious!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.