- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery rib with leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, bring the first nine ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Strain, reserving liquid (discard vegetables and spices).
- Return liquid to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon. Poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar and oil. Stir in the onion, parsley, garlic, pepper and cayenne. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Poached Salmon with Chimichurri in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p63
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Poached Salmon with Chimichurri
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2012
Wow! I think I found a new favorite salmon recipe! Seems more complicated than it really is, easy and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >