Poached Salmon Steaks Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 5 thin slices lemon
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray, combine the first nine ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- 2. Carefully place salmon in dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 to 4-1/2 minutes or until fish almost flakes with a fork. Turn steaks over. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon from poaching liquid; sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 salmon steak equals 313 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.