Poached Salmon Steaks Recipe
If you’re looking for a new way to fix salmon, these lemon-pepper steaks are sure to please. Not only do they taste great, but they’ll help in other ways, too. Charlotte Elliott from Neenah, Wisconsin explains, “Using the microwave helps you keep the kitchen cool on hot days.”
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 5 thin slices lemon
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- In an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray, combine the first nine ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- Carefully place salmon in dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 to 4-1/2 minutes or until fish almost flakes with a fork. Turn steaks over. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon from poaching liquid; sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Poached Salmon Steaks in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p15
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Poached Salmon Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >