Poached Perch with Broccoli Recipe
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 pounds perch fillets
- GARLIC SAUCE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam until crisp-tender; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a large skillet, combine the water, onion, bay leaf, salt and tarragon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add perch fillets in batches. Cover and cook until fish is firm and flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish and onions with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Discard bay leaf.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. stir in 2-4 tablespoons cooking liquid until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- 4. Arrange broccoli on a serving platter; top with fish, onions and garlic sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 433 calories, 31 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.