- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 pounds perch fillets
- GARLIC SAUCE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam until crisp-tender; set aside and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, combine the water, onion, bay leaf, salt and tarragon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add perch fillets in batches. Cover and cook until fish is firm and flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish and onions with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Discard bay leaf.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. stir in 2-4 tablespoons cooking liquid until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Arrange broccoli on a serving platter; top with fish, onions and garlic sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Poached Perch with Broccoli in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Poached Perch with Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review