Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
This elegant dessert for two has a wonderful vanilla flavoring that is very satisfying. With an extremely simple raspberry sauce adding a dash of bright color, it is very impressive. —Dawn Bryant, Thedford, Nebraska
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or white cranberry juice
- 2 medium pears, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and wine to a boil.
- Reduce heat; carefully add pears. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes
- or until tender. Remove pears and reserve cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vanilla. Stir in enough
- cooking liquid to form a sauce consistency. Cover and refrigerate
- sauce and pears separately until chilled.
- Remove sauce from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Place
- two pear halves on each dessert plate; top with sauce. Garnish with
- raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.