Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or white cranberry juice
- 2 medium pears, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and wine to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add pears. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Remove pears and reserve cooking liquid.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vanilla. Stir in enough cooking liquid to form a sauce consistency. Cover and refrigerate sauce and pears separately until chilled.
- 3. Remove sauce from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Place two pear halves on each dessert plate; top with sauce. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 224 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
"Tastes ok but if very sweet."
"Pears are not my favourite food but they are my second son's. He loves this recipe and I'm keeping it for him."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.