Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or white cranberry juice
- 2 medium pears, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and wine to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add pears. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Remove pears and reserve cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vanilla. Stir in enough cooking liquid to form a sauce consistency. Cover and refrigerate sauce and pears separately until chilled.
- Remove sauce from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Place two pear halves on each dessert plate; top with sauce. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
Sort By :
Tastes ok but if very sweet.
Pears are not my favourite food but they are my second son's. He loves this recipe and I'm keeping it for him.