Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or white cranberry juice
- 2 medium pears, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and wine to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add pears. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Remove pears and reserve cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vanilla. Stir in enough cooking liquid to form a sauce consistency. Cover and refrigerate sauce and pears separately until chilled.
- Remove sauce from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Place two pear halves on each dessert plate; top with sauce. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce in Reminisce December/January 2008, p50
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2010
"Tastes ok but if very sweet."
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2010
"Pears are not my favourite food but they are my second son's. He loves this recipe and I'm keeping it for him."