Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
This elegant dessert for two has a wonderful vanilla flavoring that is very satisfying. With an extremely simple raspberry sauce adding a dash of bright color, it is very impressive. —Dawn Bryant, Thedford, Nebraska
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or white cranberry juice
- 2 medium pears, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and wine to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add pears. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Remove pears and reserve cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vanilla. Stir in enough cooking liquid to form a sauce consistency. Cover and refrigerate sauce and pears separately until chilled.
- Remove sauce from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Place two pear halves on each dessert plate; top with sauce. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce in Reminisce December/January 2008, p50
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review