- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut
- into six circles with a 4-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 7-8 minutes or until
- edges begin to brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Peel pears and cut in half lengthwise; remove cores. In a large
- skillet, combine the grape juice, cinnamon, ginger and allspice; add
- pears. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10
- minutes or until pears are tender, turning once. Remove pears and
- set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into poaching liquid. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from
- the heat; discard cinnamon stick.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond cream ingredients; beat until
- smooth. On each dessert plate, place a pear half on a pastry circle;
- drizzle with poaching liquid. Pipe almond cream over pears. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 533 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.