Poached Pears and Raspberries with Cinnamon and Cardamom
—Taste of Home Cooking School
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1/2 cup frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
- In a medium or large Ziploc® Zip 'n Steam™ Bag, combine
- pears, raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cardamom. Seal
- bag and shake gently to combine ingredients. Pat ingredients into
- single layer. Place bag in microwave.
- Cook on full power for 3-4 minutes or until pears are fork-tender.
- Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before handling. Carefully open bag
- and serve. Garnish with coconut. Yield: 2 servings.
TOASTING COCONUT: Place coconut in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30-seconds. Stir and microwave at 30-second intervals until coconut is golden brown.