Poached Peaches with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium peaches
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Additional ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; add peaches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until peaches are tender. Remove peaches with a slotted spoon; cool to room temperature. Discard cooking liquid. Halve, pit and peel peaches; refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, chocolate chips and orange juice until blended. Pipe or spoon into peach halves. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 135 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Poached Peaches with Cream Cheese Filling
"Simply lovely..I used pack ham pears ( green pears popular in AUstralia. Used cinnamon and ginger to poach and kept the tops as little hats. Very nice wow factor.thanks"
"How can you call this a diabetic recipe with all the sugar in it? 1 cup of sugar for 2 peaches!"
"Great Next time I will peel the peaches and return to pot and simmer longer to give a sweeter better flavor to the peaches"
"I'm sure that some tasters will love this dish. The flavors are very good. I just didn't like the texture of the peach. So even though I give the peach a "fair" rating, I give the cream cheese filling an "excellent" rating! Put it between a couple of graham crackers and YUM!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.