Poached Peaches with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium peaches
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Additional ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; add peaches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until peaches are tender. Remove peaches with a slotted spoon; cool to room temperature. Discard cooking liquid. Halve, pit and peel peaches; refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, chocolate chips and orange juice until blended. Pipe or spoon into peach halves. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed peach half equals 135 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.