“These pears are very simple to prepare, but so elegant,” assures Edna Lee of Greeley, Colorado. “I love to serve them when fresh raspberries are in season. They make a beautiful presentation for special occasions and are always well liked by both young and old.” TIP: “I've occasionally used home-canned pear halves and no one ever knows the difference,” Edna says.
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 4 large pears, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- In a large saucepan, bring the orange juice, brown sugar and cinnamon stick to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add pears; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Using a slotted spoon, place each pear half in a dessert dish. Garnish with raspberries. Drizzle with poaching liquid. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Poached Orange Pears in Quick Cooking September/October 2005 , p10
Reviews for Poached Orange Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review