- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- Cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and lemon peel. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape into 12 meatballs, about 1-1/2 in. in diameter; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil; add bouillon and stir to dissolve. Gently drop meatballs into broth. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink; remove to a warm bowl.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water; stir into broth. Add lemon juice; cook and stir until thickened. Stir a small amount of broth into egg yolks; blend well. Return to saucepan and heat through. Serve sauce over meatballs. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Poached Meatballs in Lemon Sauce in Country Ground Beef 1993, p70
Reviews for Poached Meatballs in Lemon Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2009
"sounds delicious, but the sodium content would 'kill' me."