Poached Meatballs in Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- Cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and lemon peel. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape into 12 meatballs, about 1-1/2 in. in diameter; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil; add bouillon and stir to dissolve. Gently drop meatballs into broth. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink; remove to a warm bowl.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water; stir into broth. Add lemon juice; cook and stir until thickened. Stir a small amount of broth into egg yolks; blend well. Return to saucepan and heat through. Serve sauce over meatballs. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Poached Meatballs in Lemon Sauce in Country Ground Beef 1993, p70
Reviews for Poached Meatballs in Lemon Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2009
"sounds delicious, but the sodium content would 'kill' me."