- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Dash pepper
- In a small bowl, combine butter, parsley, tarragon, lemon juice and peel and a dash of salt; chill until serving.
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place asparagus in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding cup close to surface of water, slip eggs into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon butter over each English muffin half; top with 4 asparagus spears, 1 egg and another 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon butter. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Poached Eggs with Asparagus and Lemon Butter
"I just received some egg poachers so looked at different recipes to try, This looks so elegant and tastes fantastic. Nothing over powers and everything blends so beautifully. Delicious! I will definitely make it again. It makes a nice light meal on those evenings when you don;t want anything heavy."
"My son and I loved this recipe. We will be making it again. I made a hollandaise sauce to server over if desired."