Poached Egg Salads with Pancetta Vinaigrette Recipe
My husband and I think the best way to eat an egg is to poach it. Nothing is better than when the yolk breaks and combines with this salad's rustic flavors of shiitake mushrooms, pancetta and arugula.
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups whole fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, mushrooms, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pancetta and shallot over medium heat until pancetta is crisp. Stir in the sherry vinegar, mustard and sugar; heat through. Transfer to a small bowl; gradually whisk in oil. Set aside.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add white vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks are still soft, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- Divide arugula among eight salad plates. Top each with artichoke mixture and a poached egg; drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Poached Egg Salads with Pancetta Vinaigrette in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p81
Reviews for Poached Egg Salads with Pancetta Vinaigrette(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Egg Salad >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >