- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pancetta and shallot over medium
- heat until pancetta is crisp. Stir in the sherry vinegar, mustard
- and sugar; heat through. Transfer to a small bowl; gradually whisk
- in oil. Set aside.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add white
- vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold
- eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup
- close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks are still
- soft, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- Divide arugula among eight salad plates. Top each with artichoke
- mixture and a poached egg; drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 219 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 217 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.