- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups whole fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, mushrooms, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pancetta and shallot over medium heat until pancetta is crisp. Stir in the sherry vinegar, mustard and sugar; heat through. Transfer to a small bowl; gradually whisk in oil. Set aside.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add white vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks are still soft, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- Divide arugula among eight salad plates. Top each with artichoke mixture and a poached egg; drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Poached Egg Salads with Pancetta Vinaigrette in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p81
Reviews for Poached Egg Salads with Pancetta Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review