- large bowl, combine eggs, 2/3 cup sugar and milk. Add chocolate
- mixture. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda;
- gradually add to chocolate mixture just until combined. Transfer to
- prepared pan.
- Drain plums, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Arrange plums over
- batter; drizzle with reserved liquid. Combine cinnamon and remaining
- sugar and hazelnuts; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a
- knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Serve warm or cold. Garnish
- with whipped cream and confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without whipped cream or confectioners' sugar) equals 263 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.