Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- 6 medium plum or heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, snipped
- 1. In a large bowl, gently combine tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with basil. Serve at room temperature with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 114 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinaigrette
"My husband loved this. The second time I made this I added some freshly shaved parmesan cheese and served it on top of grilled bread slices like a bruschetta. Seriously delicious."
"Great for a light, fresh side dish. This is a keeper! I'm sure it would be good with cucumbers added too."
"A good quick side."