Plum Tart Recipe
We have a plum tree in our yard, and some years it's so full of fruit that its branches have to be propped up. I always make one or two tarts to freeze for later.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups fresh sliced plums (about 3 large)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 9-in. circle. Transfer to a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the plums, 3 tablespoons sugar and flour. Place in the center of pastry. Bring edges of pastry over filling, leaving 3-1/2 in. of filling uncovered. Brush pastry with egg white, then sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and crust is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
> 1 piece equals 381 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Plum Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC