- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 fresh plums, halved and sliced
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder; cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs. In another bowl, whisk egg and cream; add to crumb mixture, tossing gently with a fork until mixture forms a ball.
- Press dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange plums over crust.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add cream, mixing gently with a fork until moist crumbs form. Sprinkle over plums.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Plum Streusel Kuchen
Sort By :
"Wonderful recipe. I substituted peaches for the plums! It was delicious. No problems with runny batter here."
"This recipe turned out amazing! I used exactly the quantities instructed and I didn't have any trouble with runniness or undercooked crust like a previous comment suggested."
"This recipe was perfect, and was exactly how my German grandmother made her kuchen. It was exactly as the recipe stated, and not runny as the previous comment had suggested. Thank you so much for a great recipe."
"The batter was so thin that I poured, not "press"ed, it into the pan. Then, the topping was also mostly liquid; I had to goop it onto the plums, it did not sprinkle at all. I think I'll leave out the liquid from the topping and use less in the batter/dough next time.Additionally, it took an extra 10 minutes to cook the cake and the topping was still raw.It did taste alright though."