Plum Quick Bread
Friends and family will rush to get another slice of this quick bread shared by Deb Thierwechter, who bakes these tasty loaves in her Clayton, Delaware kitchen. Mild plum and cinnamon make a mouthwatering combination. No one will guess the secret ingredient is baby food.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) plum or plum with apples baby food
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, baby food, oil and buttermilk. Combine
- dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture and beat just until
- moistened. Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 158 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.