Plum Quick Bread Recipe
Friends and family will rush to get another slice of this quick bread shared by Deb Thierwechter, who bakes these tasty loaves in her Clayton, Delaware kitchen. Mild plum and cinnamon make a mouthwatering combination. No one will guess the secret ingredient is baby food.
- 3 eggs
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) plum or plum with apples baby food
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, baby food, oil and buttermilk. Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture and beat just until moistened. Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Plum Quick Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p34
Reviews for Plum Quick Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2013
We absolutely love plum bread, and the buttermilk in this recipe makes it super moist. Very delicious !!