Plum Pie Recipe
I get lots of plums from neighbors who are glad to share. My husband loves this special dessert. Of course, he claims to only like two kinds of pies—warm ones and cold ones!—Shirley Smith, Noti, Oregon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and crumbs. Line a 9-in. pie pan with bottom crust; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture and pack gently. Cover with plums. Combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over plums.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Make small cuts or slits in top crust; place over plums. Seal and flute edges. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 472 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC