Plum Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and crumbs. Line a 9-in. pie pan with bottom crust; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture and pack gently. Cover with plums. Combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over plums.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Make small cuts or slits in top crust; place over plums. Seal and flute edges. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 472 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Plum Pie
"We have a plum tree in our backyard and it produces the tastiest plums!! When there are plenty of plums, this recipe is a GREAT way to use them up! Everybody LOVES this recipe! I've found that 5 saltines make about 1/4 of crumbs."