- 10 cups chopped plums (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) pectin for lower sugar recipes
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a Dutch oven, combine plums and orange juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5-7 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar, orange peel and cinnamon; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into 10 hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 10 half-pints.
Reviews for Plum Orange Jam
"The directions never say when to add the grated orange peel or the cinnamon. I made this and the jam is runny. I don't know if I should eat it or not. Should the process time be 10 min instead of 5 min?"
"I added rhubarb and it turned out sooooo good!"