Plum Kuchen Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 medium plums, pitted and halved
- Whipped cream and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk and butter. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to the egg mixture and beat just until combined.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Place plums cut side up over batter. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 278 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Plum Kuchen
"I have not made yet but will and then I will review properly. But the narrative above sounds just like my mom. She never followed a recipe and this one sounds just like hers. I can't wait to make."
"Oooooooooooooooo!Sounds yummy~sounds like a wonderful Christmas Recipe!I'll definitely try it~thanks!Beckie"
"Tried this recipe last night and all I can say is fabulous. easy and all to yummy. Thanks for posting this recipe."