Plum-Kissed Pear Jam Recipe
- 3 cups chopped or coarsely ground peeled pears
- 1 cup chopped or coarsely ground pitted plums
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1. In a kettle, combine pears and plums. Stir in pectin. Bring to full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- 2. Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but no longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: 6 cups.
2 tablespoon: 102 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 26g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Plum-Kissed Pear Jam
"This was easy and it tastes great! I wasn't sure what to do with the excess plums and pears,but this was great. I like the combination of the two fruits together."
"This was a great recipe to use up to autumn crops both bursting at the same time. My family will be enjoying it all winter. Thanks for sharing!"