Plum-Kissed Pear Jam
"Years ago, when I complained my pear jam was bland, an aunt suggested that I add plum pulp to my next batch," recalls Margaret Zickert from Deerfield, Wisconsin. "I did...and then I won the grand prize in a recipe contest with the thick tasty results!"
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 cups chopped or coarsely ground peeled pears
- 1 cup chopped or coarsely ground pitted plums
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- In a kettle, combine pears and plums. Stir in pectin. Bring to full
- rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar;
- return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring
- constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature,
- about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but no
- longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 102 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.