When our family first moved here, I was thrilled to find fresh plums grown everywhere. Soon I began collecting recipes calling for this tangy fruit. Chunks of plums look like jewels in this fluffy, light dessert, which is perfect after a heavy or spicy meal.—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 44 large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cup chopped fresh plums
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter. Sprinkle half into eight individual dessert dishes; set aside remaining crumbs.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the marshmallows and juices until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Fold in cream and plums. Spoon in dishes; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Plum in a Cloud in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p9
Reviews forPlum in a Cloud
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review