Plum Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cans (30 ounces each) whole plums
- 6 cups milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. Drain plums, reserving 1 cup syrup. Peel plums and remove pits. Place in a food processor, cover and process plums until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, lemon juice, plums, reserved syrup and food coloring if desired. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 quarts.
1/2 cup: 195 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Plum Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.