Plum Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cans (30 ounces each) whole plums
- 6 cups milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. Drain plums, reserving 1 cup syrup. Peel plums and remove pits. Place in a food processor, cover and process plums until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, lemon juice, plums, reserved syrup and food coloring if desired. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 quarts.
1/2 cup: 195 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Plum Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.