Here's a pretty ice cream that is such a light refreshing finale to a holiday meal, it melts any resistance to dessert!
- 2 cans (30 ounces each) whole plums
- 6 cups milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Red food coloring, optional
- Drain plums, reserving 1 cup syrup. Peel plums and remove pits. Place in a food processor, cover and process plums until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, lemon juice, plums, reserved syrup and food coloring if desired. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Plum Ice Cream in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Plum Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review