Plum Good Crisp Recipe
"This is a great crisp that goes well with any meal, but you can also serve it as a breakfast treat or snack. It combines interesting flavors. When it's warm, it can't be beat!" -Peter Halferty of Corpus Christi, Texas
- 4 cups sliced fresh plums (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 medium nectarines, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened apple juice
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the plums, nectarines and blueberries. Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, syrup, lemon juice, ginger and nutmeg until smooth; drizzle over plum mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Stir in the apple juice, oil and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 28-32 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 216 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Plum Good Crisp
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC